What has better sound quality, FM or Bluetooth?

BAMASAE

Aug 26, 2012
I want an option that allows me to use my Sirus or Mp3 player to my car stereo. My stereo has Bluetooth capability and I have used FM in the past with mixed results (mostly interference problems) . I imagined Bluetooth would provide a more consistent signal, but is the audio quality (dynamics/ sound range) as good as FM? Bluetooth is more expensive, so I don't want to buy something and then be disappointing with the quality and end up going back to FM.
For the sake of this question, I truly only want to know about the quality of FM versus Bluetooth, nothing else. I currently have FM as my source for multiple devices and I simply want to have an idea of whether Bluetooth would be MORE satisfying or would it just be a waste of money. The info I have provided is for clarification purposes only, not for other options. Replacing my in-dash stereo is not an option, it's a factory GPS with DVD and I am not going down that road.

Hi
well to be honest quality is not some associated with either method. the Sirius MP3 is also crap.
buy yourself a radio which takes dongle MP3.
so there is no need for poor stereo. these units have a usb slot on the front panel far better than messing about with players externally as it is part of the radio/ cd player.

Back