What does the expression "Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ " mean to

LetsABIDEinHim

Jul 13, 2009
What does the expression "Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ " mean to

you in this verse? 2 Corinthians 4:6

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to post
In Christ
sandy

I interpret it to mean that before God the Father sent His Son Jesus Christ to Earth, we were all in darkness, and Jesus Christ caused the darkness to turn to light.

Because of the New Testament, we all have the light of the knowledge that God sent Jesus here to die for our sins so that we may have eternal life.

The light we shine (into the world) is from God through Jesus Christ and because of Jesus Christ and for the glory of Jesus Christ.

For God, who commanded light to shine out of darkness. Genesis 1:3.

Hath shone in our hearts. By bringing to the light of the gospel.

The light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Knowledge is light. The glory of God is revealed in his Son, who hath shown for the divine excellency, tenderness and love.

the glory or Brilliance of God his radiance as god comes from jesus which dwells in us because of the holy spirit

2Pe 1:19 All of this makes us even more certain that what the prophets said is true. So you should pay close attention to their message, as you would to a lamp shining in some dark place. You must keep on paying attention until daylight comes and the morning star rises in your hearts.

I do think it is a figure of speech. Because we know that the Glory of God is Jesus Christ. The knowledge is of Jesus Christ. The details may be seen in Luke 4:

18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

This is the knowledge which is light to us in the face of Jesus Christ.

Back