What does the Atonement of Jesus Christ mean to you?

clarity

Jul 5, 2008
To me it means He understands my disappointments, sorrows and troubles. He knows because he has personally experienced them all in Gethsemane. It makes me realize I should not waste a single drop of blood He shed because the price has already been paid and if I do not use it, I get to go through a similar experience that He went through because Justice cannot be robbed. It is an eternal principle. Sure there is Mercy, but that is what the Atonement is. The Atonement is the key to pay Justice so Mercy can be provided.

So few understand the Infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ.

http://mormon.org/faq/#Jesus+Christ|question=/faq/purpose-of-the-savior/

>You are good, know that? Atonement really means:

AT-ONE-MENT

Atonement means, that the ego of the mind is liquidated so that realization of Oneness with God is created so that we are ONE WITH GOD (One, in, of and thru God).

The death of Jesus Christ redeemed those who repent and believe the gospel. Jesus atoned for sins by becoming the substitution who paid the price for sins of believers.

Ezekiel 18:20
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

No one dies for your sins. You are responsible for your deeds and will be accountable on the judgment day

Ezekiel 18:21
"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die."

God's mercy has no bounds. He doesn't need someone else's blood to forgive us. All we need to do is to repent and mend ourselves.

Matthew 5:20
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven"

This is Jesus Christ's true message. Don't pass the buck. If someone gets aids, Jesus (pbuh) doesn't take the injections. If you get sick, he doesn't take the medication for you. He has delivered the message and shown the way so pick up your cross and follow him.

The Jesus story is totally bizarre and has virtually no chance of being true. There is no real evidence that he ever existed.

Back