what do you think of this chip dip recipe?

whoaaaa

Jul 21, 2008
I've been craving a good chip dip lately and I don't much care for salsa or nacho cheese dip.. after awhile it just doesn't taste very good.

I want to try making a dip and I'm thinking of a layered, nacho type.
First I would put in refried beans, shredded cheese on top of it, then brown some beef and add some taco seasoning plus chopped onions, put that on top of the beans and cheese, then add some MORE shredded cheese onto the meat, and then a layer of shredded lettuce, and then some dollops of sour cream.

I dint have any measurements for any of that.. but I would be putting it in a bowl so I would probably eyeball most of it..
My question is.. do you think this would work? Should I heat the refried beans in the microwave before putting it in the bowl.. or put everything in, except lettuce and sour cream, and heat it up in the microwave or oven, then add the last two things. That way it would be warm..

ANY tips or suggestions would be appreciated! Things like measurements or different ingredients...

ALSO.. if you have a favorite chip dip you'd like to share or if you know of one similar to this, feel free to post! By the way, I don't like guacamole so.. if you could keep that out.. :)
I'd just like to add that I'm looking for a simple recipe. Nothing too fancy :)

I think, why not just have tacos? That's basically what you have here, even down to the layers.

Back