What do you think of the Nokia Lumia 900?

Chupona'

Feb 27, 2013
OK, so I ordered the Nokia Lumia 900 a couple of hours ago from AT&T. Now its in Backorder. =[ When I first got it, I was in shock. I didn't really think it would go through, because of the credit check but it did. And now that I can't turn bk I'm wondering did I make the right choice in phones? What do you think of this phone? Is it worth it? Does it work good? I've read a lot of good reviews but I'm still not sure. And how does it work? I know its a windows phone, but does it necessarily mean I need a window computer?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Oh I chose the 3GB data package is that a good choice? I'm thinking I should have got the 300MB since its cheaper.
I do have FB, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and Google a lot. Oh and I do like to read a lot and I usually try to get ebooks. Does it have an app for that? The phone I have right now is a GoPhone android fusion from AT&T and its worked great until recently it keeps freezing, and heating up and when the phone turns on if its of it goes green with two boxs one red and one blue? Anyways even though I have problems with it, I also really like it. it has all my music, and apps, and a lot of ebooks from b&n and from my Google app market and I'm nervous I wont get things similar to those ebook apps and my music.

Sorry, for it being so long, Much appreciation for reading and answering!

Could I change the data package if I wanted to? This is my first contract phone!

If you got the Lumia 920, then it's fine. But a Lumia 900? Microsoft has already ditched support for all Windows Phone 7 phones by giving the Windows Phone 7.8 which only changes a few things here and there. All the goodies only exist on the Windows Phone 8 phones (which the Lumia 920 runs). But, if you're not there for the apps, then in most cases, it shouldn't be too bad since it is a very functional OS social wise.

For the easiest way to work your phone with your computer (eg: transferring files, syncing), having a Windows PC would be better.

But 3 GB offers a lot of data for you to web browse in a month. For social networking purposes, 300 MB is definitely not enough. Especially when it comes to YouTube.

Windows Phone does have an official app for Facebook and Twitter. But it doesn't have an official app for YouTube and Instagram, instead, you have to use third-party apps (not official ones basically) to get those functions. Google only provides the search app if that's what you're looking for. Alternatively you could use the web browser. As for eBooks, there is a Nook app by B&N if that's what you're looking for.

Google apps, forget it. Most of the Google services don't exist on Windows Phone other than on the browser. You can sync your music from your computer to your phone though. Apps as I said previously, if you have a lot from Google Play, you won't find most of them on the Windows Phone Store except for some. Most of the normal apps are there, but games aren't.

Now here's a good thing about Windows Phone, I previously mentioned that it's very functional social wise. What I mean by that is, it can easily integrate Facebook and Twitter services into the phone really well with the People's app I think it was which means you don't really need the actual Facebook app.

You'd better get an Iphone 5 instead of that. Nokia mobiles are very thick and they are slower compared to other smartphones out there. You can even get an android one because they have all the things that you need.

Back