What do I do about my brakes, I've tired replacing the line and master cylinder?

• Thread starter supermarioandluigi5
  • Start date
S

supermarioandluigi5

A simple routine brake job on my soon to be mother in laws car has become a nightmare. A few months ago I changed the front brakes on her 2000 Hyundai Accent and when attempting to remove the right front caliper, I accidentally opened the rubber hosing to the brake line. I reconnected the hosing, and then properly removed the caliper. I was done with the brake pads at this point so I went in to pump the brakes, however, they went straight to the floor with minimal resistance. I then drove the car around the block in this condition, yet no change. I then topped off the master cylinder and the same problem was still occurring. After that then I tried to bleed the brake line that I had accidentally opened, and still no change. At this point I came to the conclusion that it was the master cylinder. I inspected the master cylinder and there was an effective distribution of the brake fluid, anyhow I still went on to replace it, still no brakes.

Back