What are the prerequisites in Judaism?

JackDowns0421

Jan 16, 2013
I am 22 years old who went into a state of searching since last year and have just realized that a past event has caused all sorts of problems for me in the present and possibly the future tense. I am finding myself to be alienated to Christians and I'm already a J.W student, but it is starting to happen again.

Sure anyone can become a Christian, but when it doesn't happen during childhood, then it's just not genuine, just like my situation, where my parents failed to come through with that vow on my baptism. They even prevented from attending an institution that my 3rd youngest sibling went to, where he eventually recieved Holy Communion and Confirmation at the Catholic Church. I was the 2nd youngest sibling and was also a little boy back then. I have just realized that I am feeling alienated as a result of how I grew up since I was prevented and also realized how they have things in common like ideas, attitudes and beliefs and something about Catholic guilt or guilt in Protestant Churches.

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew,

Back