Weight loss in 2 weeks? Gonna on a cruise... Is it worth it to try to lose weight?

Katie

May 12, 2008
I recently lost 30 pounds a few months ago. When I got off my diet I slowly started to gain the weight back and I've been trying new diets without luck. I gained about 10 pounds back.

My question is is it worth it to do a strict low-calorie low-carb diet for two weeks before going on a cruise? I know I will gain at least 5 pounds on the 9 day cruise... everybody gains weight on a cruise.

I am going to go back on the original diet I was following to lose the weight again after the cruise.

It's really not worth it to go through dieting again when you are just going to be eating all the time on your cruise. Your best bet is to start fresh, when you return home from the cruise.

Whatever you do, do NOT take any diet pills. They will never work. I mean, they will work if you continue to use them. Once you stop you will gain twice the weight. Do not lessen what you eat. The less you eat, the slower your metabolism will become, making it very, very hard to lose weight. If you're only going to eat one meal, EAT BREAKFAST. Breakfast literally is the most important meal of the day. Also, eating slowly will make you more full. Eating healthy will not make you skinnier alone. You need to exercise. DO NOT use the treadmill. It is possibly the worst machine to exercise on. Why? Because it moves your feet for you, also, it's boring to stare at the wall for 45 minutes. The best machine to use is an elliptical. Go to the gym, or go to your local school track and jog/run/walk a mile or two. You must be consistant. Consistency is the key word. Being active and eating regularly will make your metabolism faster (which is very good). Also, if your working out, if you feel you are fine, it's not good enough. If your body is sore, you are out of breath, high heart rate, etc., then you are doing it right. BTW, the regular intake of calories per day is supposed to be 2,000 calories per day. Try lowering it to 1,800 or 1,600 calories. Keep track of your calories in a food diary. I kept mine on my phone. I'm not sure what two weeks will do, but you will be looking/feeling good for the summer!!

Back