Vw polo cutting out at junctions and roundabouts......?

kerric

Jul 7, 2008
I have a vw polo 1.4 se 16 valve 2000 reg and she only has 59,000 on the clock. Past few weeks she has been cutting out a junctions and roundabouts (nowhere else) and sometimes the power steering goes off which makes it VERY HEAVY. Was advised it might be the fuel filter so took to a garage. He said the fuel filter is fine but he cleaned all the pipes, sensor's and the filter for me. Unfortunately, a few days later it's started cutting out again. Sometimes i can catch it by watching the rev counter because you see it falling and revving pretty high and this an stop it cutting out although if doing that i'm not paying attention to the road and find myself rushng through amber lights and roundabouts to stop the the car from stopping. The car always starts up again with no problem. My rev counter is very steady and sits just below the 1000 rpm all the time unless im losing power. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it happens twice a day. I love my car, i love driving but i'm finding myself avoiding driving her as it makes me so nerveous. Please help me any comments are welcome. I've tried to provide all the details i can but no doubt i've forgotten something!! If thats the case just let me know. Thanks in advance guys xx

Back