Volkswagen Passat 2006 4-motion. My car doesn't unlock or lock! HELP!?

16leyla

Dec 1, 2010
I have that keyless remote thingy. Sometimes when I press lock it just doesn't lock. Also when I try to unlock the car only certain areas unlock, like a back door or something. It's really frustrating because IDK what the problem is. I'm not sure if it's the remote of something in the car sensors?!!?!? I went to radio shack & Advanced Auto Parts and they couldn't even get my key open (I wanted to change the battery) There is no such thing as a spare key, so if it doesn't unlock one day I'm screwed!!! What do you think the problem is? How can I fix this???
I bought it from a private dealer, a friend, who bought it from an auction. There has been only one owner, but no more warranty on it.

Do a quick search in your area for Volkswagen Dealers, even though you don't have a warranty and it came from a private dealer, you have to take it to a dealer who sells and specialize repairs on Volkswagen. Those cars have special keys that dealers hold so if anything goes wrong they are the ones you go to. I gotta warn you that when taking a car to a dealer they usually charge higher on labor and parts than other places. But its best to take it there if you want to make sure its really fix, and don't forget to ask for a spare key. You should always have one just in case.

take it to the dealer..your warranty should still be good...you may need a new remote

Back