Vikings new stadium: Outdoors, indoors, or retractable roof?

VikingsFan1

Dec 13, 2008
I think it should be outside because real football is played outside no matter how cold it is. The Vikings players in the 60s and 70s played outside in the cold weather. Today's players can handle it too. Football games are fun to watch when it is snowing. The Vikings could probably make a lot of money by selling hot drinks like coffee, apple cider, tea, and hot chocolate during a winter game. I don't think Minnesota needs another year round facility because there is the Target Center and the Xcel Energy Center. The state legislature wants an indoor stadium because they think an outdoor stadium can only be used by the Vikings. Outdoor stadiums can be used during the summer, and during the winter, they can host the NHL Winter Classic, which has seated up to 70,000. The Vikings made it to four Super Bowls when they played at an outdoor stadium. They've made it to zero while playing at an indoor stadium. In the winter, when the season is over, the field could be made into a giant public ice rink, and take down the field goal posts.

The Packers and Bears have 22 NFL Championships between them and they play outdoors.... The Lions won 4 when they were playing outdoors. Even the Vikings even won one...when they were playing outdoors...nuff said?

I agree. Football is an outside sport. You play through the wind, the rain, and the snow. I hate indoor stadiums.

BTW- you guys are going to get destroyed tonight.

Back