Verizon Data Usage Texts?

TaylorK

Jun 2, 2008
Last month, about halfway through my billing cycle, I got a text message that said "As of this date, my phone number has used up 50% of data" etc etc. And I wasn't too worried because half the data for half the cycle isn't bad. Then the very next day, I got a text that said I had used 75%. The thing was, my phone had been dead since the last text I got...so that was at no way possible. then three days later, I had used ALL the data. I had turned off Wifi and my mobile network, and strictly had been texting on my phone - NOTHING else. I'm not sure how this happened, but I just figured I'd be more careful this time. When I got my bill, I had a $7.50 charge for mobile hotspot, which im not even sure what that is - but if its an app, i havent used it or bought it or anything like that. Now, I ONLY have wifi on when I absolutely need it and that's for maybe 5 minutes a day. A week into my cycle, I'm at 50% data usage again. What is going on?!

I have a Verizon HTC Incredible 2, by the way.
By the way, this has just started happening. I had this phone for three months prior to this, and never had a problem. I thought my problem last month might have been through picture mail because im helping my sister plan a wedding...so I wasn't so concerned about it. but, i haven't done ANYTHING this month to use up 50% -.-
By the way, this has just started happening. I had this phone for three months prior to this, and never had a problem. I thought my problem last month might have been through picture mail because im helping my sister plan a wedding...so I wasn't so concerned about it. but, i haven't done ANYTHING this month to use up 50% -.-

Back