Useless teenager with a bleak future. Please help..?

Dec 2, 2008
I have absolutely no idea what the future holds in store for me.

My studies are border-lining, and although I want to do well, I find it hard to summon any enthusiasm to motivate me to do so.

I actually would like to go into marital law, but my parents scoff at me and tell me how difficult and taxing it is to take law, and that I'm definitely too lazy to even get there in the first place.

How do I even go into marital law? Is that still law? Can students even study marital law? I don't know anything about it.

My parents don't want to send me overseas to study- they say that they'd just be squandering their money, and that I wouldn't know how to take care of myself (although I know I can) because I'm a messy person, and I don't exercise as often as they like.

And the local universities here (I stay in Singapore) are said to be tough to get into. And I don't even know what university offers marital law as a course.

I'm feeling pretty shitty for disappointing my parents. I live a luxurious life with a generally well-off family, but I know I won't be able to keep such a life if I keep going at this rate.

Please help me out with some advice?

Thanks so much!

Back