Unlock BB Telus 8830?

teamblackout

Sep 27, 2008
Hi I would like to unlock my Blackberry Telus 8830 so that I can use it with my Rogers Sim card, also so that I can use it in Canada.
Is this possible? Has anyone unlocked their phone succesfully?
I would really like it be able to use it in Canada. Has anyone found an unlock code?

I really appreciate ANY help :)

No, not possible. The 8830 will only work on the CDMA network in North America. It would appear at first that it might be compatible with Rogers if unlocked since it is marketed as a combination CDMA/GSM phone, however conveniently the only GSM frequencies it will support are 900 and 1800 MHz (European GSM frequencies) and Rogers only supports the North American frequencies of 850 and 1900MHz. To be compatible it would need to be either a tri-band or quad-band (better option) GSM. The BB 8800 is the identical model with quad-band support, and is currently carried by Rogers.

Hi I would like to unlock my Blackberry Telus 8830 so that I can use it with my Rogers Sim card, also so that I can use it in Canada.
Is this possible? Has anyone unlocked their phone succesfully?
I would really like it be able to use it in Canada. Has anyone found an unlock code?

I really appreciate ANY help :)

You can get unlock code for your Blackberry 8830 phone from UnBBLock.com

Back