Toyota Supra Or Chevy Camaro!?

lbEnjil

Oct 26, 2008
Im looking to buy a car my budget is 39k......Im talking about an MK4 TT supra... Which one would be better and hold up its value? the new 2010 camaro looks really nice but i also like the supra... i know the TT supra gives you around 320hp while the v8 camaro gives you 426hp... only thing is that the supra can be modded to put well over 600hp..

Neither, check out the Hyundai's. I know, I had the typical image of them, but I just bought a Genesis Coupe and I am in love with it! Traded in my Audi for it and I do not regret it! Wonderful warranty and plans too!

Camaro.
Supra was a good idea when I was buying a car back in the early 2000s ... nowadays the value isn't going to hold up. It is a desirable car... however there will be mods for a camaro too... no doubt.

I think this short video will answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNy-ajRV0U

The Toyota Supra would hold its value much better.
These cars still cost $20,000+ That is close to the amount when they were brand new.

In a few years, there will be more new Camaro's than MK4 Supra's making the Camaro's resale value much worse than the Supra's.

Supra Turbo. You could find a stock one around craigslist. Or even a modded one for less then 39k. Sure the Camaro has 426hp, but in the long run, if you wanted an American Car, you should get a Corvette.

Go American and get the Camaro. Even though the Toyota may be hot rodded to over 600 hp, there are people who are enhancing the 6.2L V-8 in the Camaro to over 1000 hp.

I am not sure of the resale value where you live but my friend has just bought his second supra this week and his partner asked about the resale value in a few years time to which i said look at the value of the MK 111 versions and how old they are,so the MK4 is not going to drop a great amount over the next couple of years.
I can only speak for the Supra and it is a really good car,and looks really great and as you said stock internal power is around 600bhp and modded the power is endless with cars like the one below.
http://www.caldermotor.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=K1200HP

Back