Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4831 NOTEBOOK!!!?

yon07

Jul 25, 2008
Hi, i just purchased this laptop online and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about it specificaly or can just tell me based on its specs, would you be able to tell me if its a decent laptop and what my main cons may be? I use my laptop mainly for browsing,chatting, downloading music and videos here and there and other regular computer usage....This is the laptop, and i paid $610 for it,

The Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4831 notebook offers performance and mobility, with a 14.1" widescreen display for easy portability. It features the AMD Turion X2 dual-core processor, delivering high performance for multitasking, a huge 4GB memory to handle multiple or memory-intensive processes, and a 200GB hard drive. There's a built-in webcam, too.

The DVD SuperMulti Double Layer drive lets you burn and play DVDs and CDs. The drive is compatible with 11 CD and DVD formats, including DVD-RAM and DVD±R Double Layer, with 8.5GB capacity per disc. The drive also supports direct-to-disc labeling on Labelflash™ media (sold separately).

The 5-in-1 memory card reader lets you transfer digital photos, music and other files from these flash formats: Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro and xD-Picture Card.

The Satellite M305D-S4831 notebook includes:
14.1"-diagonal widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) TruBrite® LCD screen
AMD Turion X2 processor RM-70 operating at 2.0GHz
1MB L2 cache
Up to 3600 MT/s frontside bus
4GB of PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory (the maximum configuration)
200GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive
DVD SuperMulti drive with Double Layer support (reads/writes DVD±R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD±R Double Layer, CD-R/RW); supports Labelflash disc labeling
Atheros® 802.11b/g wireless LAN
10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN port
56K V.92 modem
3 USB 2.0 ports (2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 eSATA/USB combo port)
1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port
Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel, for video chat and still photos
5-in-1 memory card reader (reads SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD-Picture Card)
ExpressCard/54 slot: also compatible with ExpressCard/34
ATI Radeon 3100 graphics with from 256MB to 1519MB shared memory
Built-in Harman/Kardon® stereo speakers with Windows-compatible audio
Headphone/SPDIF digital audio output jack, microphone input jack
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (3700 mAh); 90W AC adapter
Dimensions: 1.5"H x 13.1"W x 9.5"D
Weight: 5.27 lb

Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1 comes installed, providing support for extra-large memory and high performance for demanding applications. Other software included:

Microsoft Works 9
Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5
Power Cinema
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Toshiba ConfigFree
Toshiba Disc Creator
Toshiba DVD Player
Sun Java 2 Runtime Environment
Norton 360 All-In-One Security (trial)

Back