Toshiba Satellite A205 - S5880 Notebook! HELP NEEDED!!!?

himbe8

Jan 26, 2009
1. my Hard disk crashed after 5months, now i need to buy a new hard drive. can somebody help and tell me best kind of Hard disk that would fit in my Notebook? where i am i can not acess a mechanic to tell me which type to buy but can order for the part on line.

2. Is it possible to install the OS on the external hard drive and if i did would my laptop work ok as if am using an inetrnal drive??
Thanx guys, i appreciate.
i just located this one ( Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM
WD Caviar SE16 7200 RPM next-generation SATA hard drives feature up to 250 GB of storage and a 16 MB cache for lightning-fast performance. ) on tigerdirect.com. Will it do the job??

http://www.toshiba.com/tai/support/support_cons.jsp

# Call (510) 651-6798
# Fax (510) 623-9893

contact toshiba

You need to buy a SATA 2.5" hard drive, any size works. However much space you want. Western Digital is a great brand for hard drives.

And yes, it is possible to install the OS on an external drive, but you would have to make some technical modifications to the way the operating system works. It is a pain in the butt to make the changes, plus the OS would load and run very slow.

It is very easy to replace hard drives, just remove one or two screws, pull the old one out, remove the protective metal shield, place it on the new hard drive, slide it in there, and install the OS. Just make sure you don't have a static charge while touching the hard drive.

Back