Thoughts on my story?

LilyValance

Nov 6, 2011
This is just the first passage so obviously it won't make sense, but what do you think of the characters/story so far?

“I think your lying” said Mark as the car turned yet another small corner. The road ahead was lined with trees, and in the distance the grey ocean could be seen. It was a warm day, and the roof of Mark’s car was down so that the light wind whipped the faces of the cars occupants as they drove.
“I’m not, I’ve never lied to you” said Lila indignantly, crossing her heart with her hand.
“That’s a lie in itself” laughed Mark. “Where do I turn now?”
“Right, just keep heading towards to beach”
Lila leaned back in the passenger’s seat, and adjusted her sunglasses.
“Why’d you agree to come then?” she asked
“Huh?” Mark was focussed on navigating his car down the small road, being careful to avoid any low hanging branches. One scratch on this car and his dad would never let him drive it again. The lecture he had received before leaving the house was still fresh in his mind.
“Why did you agree to come today?”
“Because you told me that I was getting a blind date with a cute girl”
“And why don’t you think that’s going to happen?” quizzed Lila.
“You have a tendency to tell lies, and this Allie girl sounds too good to be real”
They were silent for a moment as the radio played.
“You think I made her up?” Without even looking at her Mark knew she was smiling. He remembered a time not so long ago when he thought he would never see anyone smile again. He pushed those thoughts from his mind. “Don’t think about that” he told himself “Not today”. He realised Lila was still waiting for an answer.
“Yes….I don’t know, maybe…”
Lila sighed and sat upright in her chair.

What do you think is going to happen?

Back