Suzuki AY50 Katana So i bought a suzuki ay50 katana 04 about 6months ago for £600?

MatthewSanderson

Oct 18, 2010
So i bought a suzuki ay50 katana 04 about 6months ago for £600 it has only done about 5000miles it had been deristricted (but not fully) and i have had to do quite alot of things to it to get it up to a good standard although i still need to do more to get it up to my standard.
So far i have put a new barrel on it as it had a crack on the top of the exhaust so it was quite loud only cost about £40 quid for parts and got a hand fitting it. Also when i went to start it up in the morning i pressed the starter button and nothing happened so i kickstarted it and rode of when i returend home that evening i took the battery off it and cahrged it up and it ran ok but the next morning it was flat agian so i had to buy a new battery £20 off ebay also i had to replace the fuel sender as it was faulty cost £10 also another problem with the bike was that the rear brake light switch stoped working which wouldnot allow you start the bike so i took it off and took it apart and cleaned the terminals with a wire brush and it seems to have sorted it a problem to look out for if you are thinking of buying a AY50 as a garage may charge you a fortune to buy and fit the part. I also spent abit on powder coating to get rid of rust cost £10 also i had to put Lplates on the bike witch cost about £5 i also spent about a week taking things off the bike and cleaning them such as bolts. I thought when i bought the bike that it was a good bargin and it looked alright but im not sure now if i got ripped off or if i got off ok my mum wanted me to buy a brand new bike from a reputable shop near me but i told her they were to expensive and it was not worth it but i am starting to wish i had now. The other things that i dont like is that the bike dosenot run aswell as i would like but i am not sure if that is because it is still running in the barrel. Also the bike has afew other problems such as the stearing is quite heavy and it has got afew scratches and cracks on the panels that the guy we bought it off tryed to cover up with stickers and said on the advert NO CRACKED FAIRINGS althought there is these problems the bike rides nice and is really good at accelertation top spped isnot great but could be worse some of my mates have brand new bikes and they seem to be ok the ones that arnt chinese that is and they look amazing not a scratch on them so that makes me wont one even more.

Cheers Matt

Back