Squeaky seats in my Chrysler Town and Country Minivan..Help!!?

Sarah

May 11, 2008
Hi. We have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country van and it has the two separate seats behind the driver's seat. They both fold down into the floor completely. The seat right behind the driver's seat has a TERRIBLE high pitched squeak coming from somewhere inside the workings of it. There is also a squeak coming from the one next to it, but not as bad. Neither one makes a sound when folded into the floor, but as we have two kids in car seats they always have to be up and it is driving me CRAZY!! The squeak is constant when driving and gets louder when going over any bumps. If you have had a similar issue or have any idea as to what we could look for I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
We HAVE tried using lubricants, they work for a couple days then it goes back to squeaking. And we don't love the idea that our car constantly smells like wd-40, so I guess I was asking if someone had a more intelligent solution than constantly spraying oil.

Are you stupid? Use WD-40, or any silicone based lubricant, or grease, or any number of things. Squeaks happen because of friction, and lubricant "lubes" the contact points, thus lessening the friction and eliminating the squeak. Secondly, that's what you get for buying a minivan -- the worst type of vehicle ever conceived.

Are you stupid? Use WD-40, or any silicone based lubricant, or grease, or any number of things. Squeaks happen because of friction, and lubricant "lubes" the contact points, thus lessening the friction and eliminating the squeak. Secondly, that's what you get for buying a minivan -- the worst type of vehicle ever conceived.

Back