sprint error cause code 97 for sending texts?

it will work. i just called and got through to a rep. when you buy it the people should tell you that your texting won't be activated until 5am the next morning. ..thats why the error code comes up. so don't worry. after 5am. it will work.

I bought mine 24 hours ago, maybe more, and nothing as worked yet. Calling, texting, anything that has to do with incoming and outgoing shit.

CDMA Data, which is what SMS is considered, can typically take up to 4 hours to provision. There is no definite time given as to when your messaging will work, but it can take up to 4 hours beyond the initial activation of the handset to work. Give it time and it will work. If not, contact Sprint and make sure that the salesmaker you worked with activated your phone on the correct service plan.

ahhhhh!

omfg wat if i cant wait a day!? hello!? this is f-ing importent help!

lg rumour cause code: 97

i got an lg rumour with unlimited text and its been letting me text but it just stopped working today for some reason, the cause code 97 and sms denied keeps popping up any idea's

cause code 97

im having the same problem so im gonna try the battery thingy hopefully it works

I have an lg rumor and im with bell and its Saying The exact thing for me.. Im just trying the battery removal thing now

Arg

my friend said that rumors usually do that and u have to wait like a few hours but mines been like that all day (arg)

code 97 - NORMAL for me

It happens to me usually the day after I pay for my phone, it stops texting for like 5 hours. I've had my phone for 3 months, and now it's doing the same thing for my 4th month. It doesn't let me text, but if you keep trying to send a text every hour it will work.

i had the same problem 2. i just called and it was because i had this setting where i couldnt receive or send texts

im having the same problem but im with bell and i cant send texts cuz of error 97 and i also cant al anyone on my cell plz help the removal bttery trick didnt work with me

I have that proble, with evert new phone I buy, I think some companys take a few days to put your phone in the server thing. You'd think they'd give you a warning.. pricks.

i have the same problem. i have the lg rumour, and i'm with virgin mobile. they suck.
it says mobile station originated. SMS denied. cause code: 97.
last night when i tried texting, it didn't work, but when i moved to a cetain spot, it sent the text. but i don't receive any texts.

F u c k!! Im screwed to
THAT POWER OFF/BATTERY CRAP DIDN'T WORK FOR ME EITHER....MAYBE IT'S CUZ WE DONT PAY THE BILL?
MY INTERNET WORKS THO

ugh

Virgin Mobile would be a really good phone company if there employees werent a bunch of mentaly fucktarded rednecks.

Its bell too

Its not just virgin ladies and gents. I just got a lg rumour as well and im with bell. same stupid text thing

?

i just got the lg rumor 2 a few days ago . im with virgin mobile
i CAN text to all numbers except for twitter , then it says code 97
i tried the battery thing.. i didnt work
anyone have other ideas ?

please please please code 97 is pissing me off
it worked for like a little while from like 7:30 AM today till like 11:00 AM
any ideas?
i have a rumor2 and im with Virgin the battery thing didnt work

Error 97

Indicates either the username or home agent IP address is missing.

Back