Spiritually and religiously speaking, have you even been so bored here...

All points of view or viewing points make up the whole of any idea or concept.
If you can not see from the other viewing points it means your consciousness is locked in a single place.
Being able to see from all POV is a precursor to seeing the whole of a thing.
If I saw only the legs of the elephant & based my assumptions of the elephant on this single aspect I miss the true understanding of the elephant.
Many Blessings!

No, my first resort is Royalty, then dating and singles, then marriage and divorce, then knitting

I don't argue * for * atheism, but I will call out stupid stuff those representing my faith say.

I don't think so. I usually just test the rammifications of views I have or find out about things that spring to my mind. The only problem for me is patience, as in I get pretty impatient after a LONG while.

I don't completely change my views, but I do fluctuate in how passionately I defend my own view and argue against another's.

I also tend to sympathize with the underdog. If I feel a person is being attacked for little to no reason, even if their views are the polar opposite of my own, I will state my opinion in a calmer, more respectful manner than I might under other circumstances. If someone from my own "camp" is being extremely militaristic or judgmental, I will argue against their attitude and the way they are trying to spread/display their views, but not necessarily against the views themselves. I wouldn't say that I argue both sides, just that I have the ability to sympathize with both sides. After all, I've BEEN on both sides.

I wish (sometimes) that it was a two-sided discussion. But presently, it seems to be at least an octagon.

Back