Shuffle Up: Andrew Luck holds onto yellow jersey, for now

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
I'm still debating which Shuffle Up format to use this year, the extended comments (on a few players) or a quick-hitter on most players. If you have a preference, let me know.
These are not weekly rankings, these are seasonal rankings. If it's Week 3 ranks you want, please jump over here.*
I expect you to have some ranking disagreements because that's why we have a fantasy game. And I expect some to say the rankings are too reactive, while others will claim they're too slow to adjust. You're never going to please everyone in this sort of assignment.
What's happened to this point is merely an audition. The idea is gauging fantasy value from Week 3 onward. If you're on the long-term injury list (Tony Romo, say), you will not be ranked in this exercise.
The prices are unscientific and merely presented as a way to show the tiers and pockets of value. Players at the same price are considered even.
$29 Andrew Luck: More Donte Moncrief and less Andre Johnson, please.
$28 Aaron Rodgers: As much as they miss Nelson, Rodgers can make it work with anyone.
$28 Ben Roethlisberger: Brown is unfair, Bell coming back Week 3, Bryant not far off, and the defense is horrendous.
$27 Tom Brady: Having fun with new passing-game weapon, Dion Lewis.
$24 Russell Wilson: Offensive line isn't playing well, but they're still utilizing Wilson's rushing chops.
$23 Matt Ryan: Needs Julio Jones to play a full season, but otherwise, a very high floor.
$21 Peyton Manning: Gary Kubiak the last to get the memo – Peyton needs to be in the shotgun.
$20 Ryan Tannehill: Fills the stat column reliably but doesn't always pass eye test.
[Dial up our big NFL contest for Week 3!]
$20 Cam Newton: Lack of outside weapons might indirectly lead to Newton rushing more liberally.
$19 Carson Palmer: If I knew he'd stay healthy, he'd be around the Ryan price.
$18 Philip Rivers: Forever on the All-Underrated team, and Gates return isn't far off.
$17 Eli Manning: Getting dragged forward from Beckham; Vereen could be a needle-mover, too.
$15 Drew Brees: I have no idea what to expect, and neither do you.
$15 Matthew Stafford: Just good enough to lose with.
$15 Sam Bradford: One more bad game and I'm re-evaluating Chip Kelly.
$14 Andy Dalton: Give him healthy targets and voila, he's a terrific QB2 again.
$14 Tyrod Taylor: Tons of mistakes and poor judgments in Week 2, but also made some splash plays.
$12 Joe Flacco: Desperately needs another legitimate weapon, though he's generally fantasy-underrated.
$12 Colin Kaepernick: Garbage-time All-Star in Week 2, and at least his weapons are solid.
$11 Marcus Mariota: Took a beating in Week 2, rallied late – says something for his moxie.
$11 Alex Smith: Look for more Jeremy Maclin in coming weeks.
$9 Teddy Bridgewater: Limited amount of arm strength makes him curious fit for offense Norv Turner wants to run.
$9 Ryan Fitzpatrick: Gives Jets best chance to win; given vote of confidence after iffy Week 2.
$9 Derek Carr: Major step-forward in Week 2, and it wasn't just Cooper.
$8 Blake Bortles: Awful in Week 1, resourceful in Week 2, hard to say where he's at.
$7 Nick Foles: Receiving options definitely less than average, and line could be a problem, too.
$6 Jameis Winston: Makes a lot of “what was that?” decisions, but that's true of most rookies.
$5 Johnny Manziel: Still a ways to go, but he is significantly improved from horror-show rookie year.
$4 Brandon Weeden
$4 Jay Cutler
$4 Kirk Cousins: Defense and running game better than expected, which means Cousins sticks in game-manager mode.
[Week 3 rankings:*Quarterback*|*Running Back*|*Receiver*|*Flex*|*All Positions]
$3 Ryan Mallett: Bill O'Brien thinks he can develop anyone, but Mallett is a massive challenge.
$3 Jimmy Clausen
$3 Luke McCown
$2 Mark Sanchez: Much better in fantasy than reality last year, keep that in mind.
$2 Colt McCoy: If Cousins has any kind of hiccup, Gruden is likely to have a quick hook.
$2 Brian Hoyer

Back