Should kids study during summer vacation?

Roxanne

May 27, 2008
Some people think it as wise to study in summer. But most american and other culture pupils refuse to do so. I think maybe a little studying
could help just not where you know more than the teach. does before school. That is messed up. So. Tell me what you think.

Im studying right now. If you take courses over the summer, you wont take in it fall therefore shorten your years in school.

Instead of the regular 12 yrs in schools included primary secondary and high into 8-9 years. If you took courses over the summer.

It's very important that kids do a little refreshing periodically over the summer. Many studies support the fact that over time the percentage of lost information increases proportionally with the amount of review.

You don't have to make it a pain for them. There are loads of fun web sites that have games they play to reinforce learned math, reading, science and other studies. Just search for games sites that teach too and see that the kids put in an hour a day there. If your kids are like mine you'll have to drag them off the sites.

I don't think you should study, but use the time to become familiar with the important works of your culture -- books, music, etc. -- most of which are very entertaining. This will benefit you in school and throughout your life, but it won't feel like drudgery. Imagine coming back to school in the Fall, having read five great works of literature.

If the kid wants to learn, let them learn. If they want to play, let them play. Ask the kid, honestly, they'll appreciate the fact that you asked them and listened to what they wanted, and either way they benefit.

well it kind of depends on what you study like a little math and a little english wouldnt hurt.

I think it's absolutely a great idea to study during the summer! No, I'm not a nerd. I'm a drama club-dancing-exercising-girl who sucks at math! So, during the summer I am studying math; as well as studying for ACT/SAT tests.

And there's nothing wrong with being smarter than the teacher either. Haha, most of the time the teachers like to have someone that knows as much as they do about what they teach and has a great interest for that subject as well! It's a great way to make friends and make good grades!

Back