should i buy a used mercedes benz as first car ?

Sam

May 13, 2008
ok so im a teenager and i work at a grocery store i got a job so i could get a car i make enough to buy and used mercedes benz c class (2007) 10k i really want to buy a mercedes benz i don't like toyota or honda i mean they are good cars but not my style and another thing i heard the repairs are really expensive like a couple grand just to fix anything minor is it really that expensive? why ?
it has 82,000 miles and is 17grand is it a good investment ?

No, very few cars are "good investments", as most lose their value quite rapidly....Furthermore, 17 grand for a class with that many miles is waay too much: C-classes aren't nearly as well built as other Benzes, and to be honest, the company quit building truly exceptionally well made cars in 1995. Repairs are expensive for a few reasons: A.) because they can be B.) it takes specialized training to be a truly good mercedes mechanic C.) they use high end, expensive parts. My first car was a 1961 mercedes 190b, and i loved it. There was no job on that car i couldn't do with basic hand tools, and it was a peach to drive. The same goes the car that followed it, an '88 300ce coupe, but my all time favorite car was my '91 500sl. I made money on every single one of these cars because i'm handy with a wrench and I know how to sell. Honestly, for your first car, older (to a point) is usually better, as you can work on them yourself (and save lots of money), and personally, i find most new cars to have hideous styling.

Back