Saddam Hussein sentenced...

Your right, after all Arab Sunni's are no different than Kurd Sunni's...except for their ovious racial and ethnic differences.

Kurds are historically looked at as a lesser race by the Arabs..Sunni or Shi'ite.

Arab Sunni and Kurd Sunni- Two different groups altogether

Thanks for this article..provides proof that the historical issues are the primary cause for violence and that it is the power vacuum that is bringing these issues to the forefront...

Obviously you haven't the reading comprehension or perhaps the intergrity to consider the article as a whole with all the information contained in it as it relates to much of the absurdity you tried to pass off as uber fact... in fact it's like much the rest of your stance... you choose what fits your preconceived notion and dodge the rest. I've seen enough of your waffling by now... I'm bored with it... so unless you haven something new to post...

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z--z-z-z-z-z-z-z--zz--z

Yeah, and? What's your point? Just because we criticise a government doesn't mean that we also condemn the behaviour of their servants.

Well forgive my apparent stupidity on this but I fail to see how criticising the foreign policy of the Bush administration automatically means criticising the troops. As a soldier in the US army you are part of an ARM of the state. You're not part of the brain. You had no choice over whether or not to go to war in the first place as that is an executive decision made by the President. It is in your job description that you obey your orders whether you want to or not, so no-one blames you for getting rid of Saddam - that, as I say, was a political decision that you were obliged to carry out. No-one here is criticising the work that you soldiers are doing to help the Iraqi people in the aftermath of the war, but that's irrelevant to the question of whether it was right to depose Saddam Hussein in the first place.

In short, it's because we understand that you have an obligation to serve your Coofftopicnder-in-Chief, no matter what he may ask of you, that we don't blame the army for what's happened. You carried out your orders like all good soldiers should. We're criticising the people who gave you those orders.

You're stance didn't have a leg to stand on many post ago.

When you choose to patently dodge much of the information that is being given in an article and then narrowly cherry pick the one paragraph or few lines that support you stance... sure it makes you look like you actually are on to something.

Fortunately the rest of us are not nearly as myopic when we read.

Aha. Indeed. Anyway, back to Sadam being executed and all that jazz. I really don't believe he should be executed. That just isn't justice to me. He should be given life, and made to sit in the corner and think about what he has done. And not be given any dessert. Then the families of all his victims could stop by, have tea and, one-by-one, forgive him in turn. That would be justice. And make him watch endless re-runs of 'the OC'.

Jail only costs money, and leaves the door open for extremists to use his detainment as a tool for hostage taking, killing etc.

Sure his death will be a tool too, but it costs less Hell, Im sure there's hundreds of thousands of people who would pay to do it!

Heh, I wish I could see the world in dollar-signs. In executing Sadam, we (and I mean the international society 'we') loose much more than money.

I'm thinking it should begin with a rope that is too long. That way when he falls, he breaks a leg or two. Rehang him with a slow drop so he suffocates as opposed to breaking his neck with the rope snap.

That's just me though. I'm kinda grumpy.

While generally agreeing with you, we as Americans are better than that.

He should have as clean a death as possible, we are not sadistic torturers.

Not according to some of the media. According to some of them, I'm an evil dehumanizing torturer. They only say this because they haven't tried my balsamic strawberries. They'd be singing a different tune after that.

Bwa hahaha.

Aye, and I'm a child killing, civilian raping, innocent massacreing monster.

But the media is full of idiots

Balsamic Strawberries? You would try to tempt me with something that sounds really good, you evil monster

YOu should have heard what I "coerced" out of them with Girl Scout shortbread cookies.

Hmm... it seems though that the Americans had taken a lead role in teaching others how to be the best torturers they could be.

I suggest you do some reading on the history of The School of the Americas (aka SOA, aka School of Assasins) and their contribution to torture.
You might be unpleasantly surprised... I'm certainly not.

Lovingly payed for with US tax dollars. Who'da thunk?

Your own articles would seem to disagree with that.

Call it cherry picking all you wish, that doesn't change the fact that my stance was supported by your own articles..

Back