Roman Catholics, have you ever heard of the prophecies of Saint Malachy?

Robert

May 16, 2008
According to those prophecies, apparently, there is only one Pope remaining to take the seat after Benedict XVI, another Peter (Petrus Romanus), who is supposed to be an apostate at best.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

If this prophecy holds true, as the rest seem to have, what would you do?

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

http://www.crystalinks.com/papalprophecies.html

Please, please don't think that I am down on Catholics or am a Catholic basher, I'm not. I have family members who are Catholic and I love the Catholic people...but I am concerned about this. What do you think?

"another Peter (Petrus Romanus), who is supposed to be an apostate at best."

It's amazing that you actually cite a valid catholic link regarding this and yet make the statement above.

According to the prophecy, Petros Romanus is supposed to lead the RCC through the most trying and troubling period the world has ever known with all the knowledge and wisdom of Peter (one would assume post-resurrection, since he was portreyed as a bit of a fool prior to the resurrection in the NT).

"In the final persecution of the holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amongst many tribulations; after which the Seven-hilled City (Rome) will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people." --so saith Malachy.

Some Roman Catholics think Malachy has predicted that Armageddon is just around the corner and that after the current pope there will only be two more popes before the end of the world. Of course Malachy didn't name the popes by name--otherwise we'd all be believers in his prophetic skills. He gave them descriptive names. John Paul II, the current pope, is number 110 and he was christened "De Labore Solis," from the labor of the sun. Those who have the gift of interpretation tell us that this is an accurate prophecy because John Paul II's father was a laborer and he has traveled around the earth (like the sun? well, remember, the prediction was pre-Copernicus). Some think the name refers to the fact that there was a total eclipse of the sun when JP II was born.

Back