Rockies misspell Troy Tulowitzki's name on 15,000 giveaway jerseys

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
The Colorado Rockies attempted to do something nice for their fans on Saturday.
Based on their recent history, we shouldn't be a bit surprised that they failed.
OH NO RT @_Bwoss_: .@purplerow dear god the #rockies misspelled the giveway Tulo jerseys. photo credit: vanessa wos pic.twitter.com/WFeNTL5978
— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) July 26, 2014
#Rockies give away Troy Tulowitzki jerseys, misspell Tulowitzki. #YouHadOneJob pic.twitter.com/g7KaUgj93c
— Peter Burns (@PeterBurnsRadio) July 26, 2014
Those are the shirt jerseys (aka, shirseys) the team was giving away to fans prior to their game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. It's supposed to be a Troy Tulowitzki No. 2 jersey. Instead, it says Tulowizki, which is pretty much the saddest thing we've seen all season in MLB.*
T-U-L-O-W-I-Z-K-I. Seriously!?
Maybe next time they should just stick to Tulo, since that's almost impossible to screw up. Or better yet, just get it right before printing out 15,000 shirts.
The thumbnail of the Tulo jersey on the @Rockies website is misspelled too. #fail pic.twitter.com/ebmbpcf80T
— Darren Whitehead (@NewsDarren) July 26, 2014
It's Troy T-U-L-O-W-I-T-Z-K-I.
He's only the biggest star on the team. An All-Star. A Gold Glove winner. An MVP candidate before his most recent injury. A bonafide star in MLB. Which, honestly, probably*makes it a pretty nice collector's item for all of those forward thinking fans out there.*
Update: The Rockies have since issued an apology for the gaffe.
#Rockies Monfort in an immediate press release, "Maybe Denver doesn't deserve a Tulowizki jersey."
— Eric Goodman (@EricGoodman) July 27, 2014
Wait, that's not it.
Here's the real one.
Our sincere apologies to the fans for the misspelling of the Troy Tulowitzki King Soopers jersey that was distributed tonight.
Acknowledging that many fans came to the game for the jersey, rather than disappoint them, we decided to go ahead and hand them out.
We have made plans to reproduce the jersey and fans wishing to exchange will be able to do so at a future date (TBD) in September at Coors Field or the Rockies Dugout Stores. In addition, fans exchanging the jersey will receive a complimentary ticket to a future game in 2014 or 2015.
A nice gesture from the team, and certainly one that was needed. Still, it's worth asking if Tulowitzki has asked for that trade yet, because wouldn't it be so Rockies if he was gone before they had a chance to make this right?
More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
Townsend75Mug.jpg
Mark Townsend
is a writer for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Townie813

Back