religious people that have been inspired by their religion?

BlahBlahBlah

May 19, 2008
i already have Mother Teresa,inspired by the message of jesus and god,,what other 'famous' religious inspired people are there??! some help,please :D

I hope you realize that you are asking for a list of thousands and possibly most
that "inspired" doesn't necessarily rate "famous", and "famous" depends on the venue, and often, the time period.

That said, here is a sampling of famous Christian INFLUENCES, for lack of a better term, from a wide variety of venues, some old, some relatively modern. Most of these are from a 2004 listing, from a website called "ChristianAdvice.Net" ( I selected them for my own recognition of some of the names on their list, and don't know anything else about the website, really.) and I added the Apostles, and a very few others that I looked up from Google.

The Apostle Paul (Saul of Tarsis), The Apostle Peter , The Apostle John, (3 of the authors of the Books of the New Testament), Augustine, Martin Luther, John Newton, John & Charles Wesley;

American Statesmen: Patrick Henry, John Adams, Abraham Lincoln

C.S. Lewis, Francis Schaeffer, Peter Marshall( Minister/Congressional Chaplain), Martin Luther King Jr., thousands of missionaries and martyrs, Billy Graham, Dwight Moody, John Knox, John Stott, Geoge Mueller

Charleton Heston (Actor), Andy Griffith (Actor), Chuck Norris(Actor), Ann B. Davis (Actress/Television), Fred Rogers (Television/Children's), Gary Burghoff (Actor/Television), David Suchet (Actor/BBC-TV) Don Bluth (Animation/Movies), Jerry Molen (Producer/Movies),
John Woo (Director/Movies)

Tom Landry (NFL Coach), Dan Reeves (NFL Coach) Joe Gibbs (NFL Coach) Bobby Bowden (College Football Coach), 'Rosey' Grier (former NFL player), Orel Herschiser (Baseball), Dave Dravecky (Baseball), Mary Lou Retton (former Olympic Gymnast), George Foreman (former Boxer/Businessman), David Robinson ( US Basketball), Jesse Owens (Olympics/Track),
Eric Liddell (Olympics/Track), Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Olympics/Track), Gail Devers (Olympics/Track & Field)

J.C. Penney (Business/J.C. Penney's), H.G. Heinz (Business/Heinz Ketchup), Norman Vincent Peale (Businessman/Author), Dave Thomas (Business/Wendy's), Sam Walton (Business/Wal-Mart), Demos Shakarian (Businessman/Founder,
Full Gospel Businessman's Fellowship)

Issac Newton (Mathematician/Gravity), Samuel Morse (Morse code), William & Orville Wright (Aviation), Rustum Roy (Materials Scientist) Johannes Kepler (Astronomer), Michael Faraday (Chemist) William Thomson- Lord Kelvin (Physicist),

John Newton (author/Hymn: "Amazing Grace" ) Issac Watts (prolific Worship Hymn writer), Fanny Crosby (Hymn writer), Phillip Bliss (Hymn writer),
Stuart Townsend (modern Worship Hymn writer)

George Friedrich Handel (Composer/Classical), Francis Scott Key (Composer), Johnny Cash (Musician/Country), Larry Norman (Musician/ First Christian Rock Artist),
Keith Green (Musician/ChristianContemporary) Michael W. Smith (Musician/Songwriter/Author)
Gladys Knight (Singer), Kerry Livgren & John Elefante (Musicians/Christian)

Brother Lawrence (Author "The Practice of the Presence of Christ"), Corrie Ten Boom (Author/Speaker: "The Hiding Place), Bill Bright (Founder/Campus Crusade for Christ Ministries), David "Paul" Yonggi Cho (Minister) , Chuck Colson (Author), Max Lucado (Pastor/Author"Six Hours On Friday"), Watchman Nee (Christian Author),

Back