PS3 flashes blank screen when hooked up to LG LED tv?

Chevyrules

Nov 9, 2010
I have a 32" LG LED TV 120 Hz that I bought less than a month ago, it works fine with everything except for PS3's, when playing a game or just on the home screen it will flash to a blank screen and the sound cuts out about every 5 seconds which makes t impossible to play games or watch movies!, it does this with more than one PS3 and with different HDMI cords. I've updated firmware already.
also, the playstation works fine when I hook it up using the red white yellow cords.

I am pretty sure it is the TV and I have contacted both Sony and LG and they cant tell me whats wrong.
has any one else had this problem or know how to fix it?

What you are describing sometimes happens when you have the wrong resolution or fps selected as your PS3 output. Try 1080i, with 24 fps off if that setting is available. If you have it set to 1080p with 24fps on and your tv can't handle that setting, it will keep shutting down. Just keep trying different combinations of those settings and maybe one will work well.

go ahead and hold the power button for 30 seconds on your ps3 to reset the resolution settings and try and reconnect with HDMI before the standard A/V cables.

go ahead and hold the power button for 30 seconds on your ps3 to reset the resolution settings and try and reconnect with HDMI before the standard A/V cables.

Back