Planet Fitness Vs. YMCA?

JessMarrow

Dec 15, 2010
Im deciding between the two and need help. Price and location don't matter. I'm pretty overweight after having a baby and want to get back to my starting weight. I've narrowed it down to these, but I have a few questions. At Planet Fitness can I have my phone on me? I've read that you can't have it but having a baby I would like to be able to text my husband back and forth, not talk on it. Also, is Planet Fitness packed with teenagers all the time, and do you feel like everyones staring at you? I'm thinking Planet Fitness more beacuse it's opne 24 hours but if it's going to be all high school and college kids I would rather deal with the ymca's bad hours.

I actually have both the Y and PF membership and I always go to the Y but just because it is closer to me. PF allows you to text but they just dont want you talkin on it or be held liable should something happen if your on the equipment and texting. Just be mindful of that.

The PF hours are great but Y has a pool (3 pools at mine) and sauna which is nice. Plus has free exercising groups and stuff.

PF has high school - college kids at certain times of the day but so does the Y. Go after 5pm or before work. That is usualy the best. Most college - high schoolers will go right after school so they get it out of the way and so they can hang out the rest of the night...

Hope that helps.

BTW... dont worry if anyone is watching you. You have a family (husband and child) its not like they are your future husband or a female that wants anything. If they want to watch you, have the attitude of not caring. You are doing this for you!

Back