PDA in California High Schools?

Red

May 15, 2008
Can a teacher try and get you suspended for simple kissing, if you are in NO way in anyones face and off on your own. This has never been a problem for me until today. Im curious what rights if any do I have at all? Im 18, senior.
Checked both our schools handbook policy and the district policy, there are currently no rules or guidelines pertaining to kissing your significant other on campus. I didn't figure. Not sure why I asked this question I guess I was just curious on others opinions. She was a witch about it to, told me to move along and go to class what she doesn't realize is I was off and so was my girlfriend.
Checked both our schools handbook policy and the district policy, there are currently no rules or guidelines pertaining to kissing your significant other on campus. I didn't figure. Not sure why I asked this question I guess I was just curious on others opinions. She was a witch about it to, told me to move along and go to class what she doesn't realize is I was off and so was my girlfriend.
Loves the constitution, excellent answer.

It depends on the school's policy on the issue. If you are not breaking policy, the teacher has no case in your suspension.

Go to the school office and ask for a copy of the school policy you are required to adhere to at the beginning of each school year in order to attend that school. Read it.

Students in high schools have nearly no rights, even seniors who are adults. While in school, the administration acts in loco parentis (in the role of a parent). Even if an act is not specifically prohibited, there is usually a generic rule about "disruption" or other catch-all.

Since you are a senior, the risks are high for you with little opportunity to correct. (Like a pilot flying at low altitude, so close to landing, the risks are highest than if you have a lot of time or altitude to recover from a mistake.)

Sounds like the teacher gave you an instruction and moved on. I recommend that you move on as well. Do not make a big deal of something that can be forgotten easily. Minimize your risks during your senior year. (I.e., "Don't screw up.")

Back