Parents, do you complain about your teens always begging for stuff?

shattered

Feb 6, 2009
They say I beg for too much stuff... Yet they don't get me get a job to pay for all the stuff I beg for... I asked my grandad if he could buy me a prepaid debit card (Those debit cards you can buy from stores and put money on) and he said when I get a prepaid job I can buy me a prepaid debit card... SO I said "okay I will as soon as you and mom let me get a job." and then they said I beg for too much... Because they can't pay for it what I ask for. They even seem to complain about me begging about getting a job to pay for what I want. (I want a 300 dollar Ipod... And I know that they most likely won't be able to buy it for me so I asked if I could get a job to pay for it and they said no!)

I really don't get them... Because they say I beg for a job too much yet can't/don't want to pay for what I ask for... (Ipod, anime conventions, & weapons are pretty much all I have asked/begged for lately) I seriously don't get it because I _want_ to get a job so I can actually pay for the stuff that I want to get. Plus... I kind of fell left out since my friends have jobs (or their parents pay for it) but I don't. And I'm not trying to come off as spoiled or anything but I just really do want a job to pay for what I want.

Do you say/complain about your kids (well more like teens) beg for things yet you don't let them get a job to pay for it? If so, why or why not? (ANd can you offer some insight on why my grandparents may do this...)

Just let them, but don't spoil them too much.

Answer mine
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtUiYzpGQVtWlkRwG2cuaq_sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110918194143AAah6sw

Back