On the job hunt with 2 degrees and looking for some insight.?

Jordan

May 22, 2008
I graduate from college in a week as a double major with a BS in psychology and a BS in business. I have an average GPA of 3.7, paid experience in event planning, marketing, management, etc due to being a senior member on the student activities board. I also tutored both math and English, and was awarded "most outstanding psyc student" this year. I was a semi-finalist in 2 regional business competitions during my time in school as well. I do have previous work experience outside of college as well, mostly in the construction field.
I have a CDL and a CCW permit if those count for anything.
I am job searching in east-central Minnesota, and I am looking for any advice and tips to land a decent job. I've been searching marketing positions for the most part, and plan on looking into some HR positions as well. What other job title should I be looking at? What is a must for cover letters and resumes? Any help, tips, info, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
J
Also, I have pretty extensive experience and knowledge when it comes to the automotive world. I've been buying, selling, and trading all sorts of items since I was 15, but mostly vehicles and auto parts. Needless to say I have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to repair, maintenance, customization, value, etc as it is a hobby of mine. So if I could find a job that somehow included that, it would be a bonus. Also fairly well versed in the equine world as well for what that's worth. Sorry for all the random info, just want to make sure I cover all my bases.

Back