Ok I have a toshiba satellite a205 and am trying to decide on new RAM?

link2587

Oct 23, 2008
Newegg.com's resource finder thing, recommends "200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)" @ 1g per. I want to try to get 3-4gb of total ram and understand that Win 32-bit systems will handle 3 to 3 1/2 gb of ram and do not want to waste but want what is most beneficial for my system. In selecting another set of RAM, I wasn't sure which parts of the information: "200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)" was neccesary for selecting RAM that would work in my PC. Also info about the following stats would be appreciated(high/low - good/bad, so on):
Latency, Voltage, ECC, heat spreader, Buffered/Registered.
Info on these items will help me out since I do alot with software but am slow on some of the hardware deals. :) Thanx in advance!!

Really all you need to know is:

667mhz PC2 5300

Write it down and give it to the dude behind the counter and he'll take care of you

Latency is the time it takes data to transfer between the silicon chips, voltage is useful id your overclocking parts, most ram is about 2.8v standard, old sdram is 3.3v. heat spreaders are for desktops and some gamer laptops like alien ware. there small heatsinks for your ram. your ram is the buffer!!!

If it were me id stick two 1gb's in their and have 2gb i'd be happy with that and i run c++ programs and games all the time

Back