Nutrition supplement and vitamens questions?

SalmanD

Nov 21, 2008
Well im taking a nutrition class in college and have recently become interested in vitamins and supplements which improve heath. Well some background information, i am a very healthy 6ft 2" male, have no healthy issues what so every and am very active.
Alright now to the question, well i did some research and found exactly what i wanted so i bought 3 supplements:

Rainbow Light Men's One Multi, 150-Count
Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oil Concentrate with Omega-3 Fatty Acids - 400 Softgels
Doctor's Best Extra Strength Ginkgo (120 mg), 120-Count

If anyone could give me some more information as to when i should take these, if i should take them together or weather i should even be taking them i would be really grateful. Thanks for the help in advance!

There are problems with taking supplements--the major one is whether the product actually contains what it states on its label. A company called Conumer Labs is worth subscribing to, they offer minimal 6 month memberships, but, by joining, you can benefit from their objective research of supplement products and whether they are worth taking.

You must also be concerned about your body's ability to assimulate nutrition, which, occurs in your small intestine, a process done by the villi. Please do research on the subject, because if what you are eating (ex., gluten products) is destroying your villi, they are not taking in nutrition and delivering it to your blood stream--in effect, your expensive supplements are going from your mouth to the toilet bowl with no stops in between.

Consider better sources of nutrition--like seaweeds and wheatgrass, Spirulina and Chlorophyll products--more bang for your buck, better at delivering nutrients to your body. Always opt for original sources when gaining nutrition, or, take them in liquid form for better assimilation by the body. Also, include a good probiotic, but, only consider products that must be refrigerated. Also eat flaxseeds and nut products for healthy fats.

You can safely take all 3 of those together as there is no interaction between them.

Personally, I believe that vitamin supplements are useful for supplementing a normal healthy diet but they can never replace a normal healthy diet. It is very hard to get all the nutrients you need even from a normal healthy diet. Vitamin supplements are not necessarily essential for good health but they may perhaps help.

Whether or not they are likely to extend or reduce your lifespan is somewhat uncertain. The information on this is not conclusive at all but if you investigate http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22vitamin+supplements%22+%2B+longevity+&fr=ush-ans you can judge for yourself.

Back