NFL week 10 game predictions?

JonnyZ1

Jan 20, 2009
Who do you guys think will win in week 10? I'll write the matchups and my predictions down below.

Raiders at Chargers - Chargers, 27-10
The Chargers had an offensive explosion for 38 points, while the Raiders gave UP 38 points. This game is an easy pick.

Texans at Buccaneers - Texans, 37-13
The Texans are on of the best teams in the league while the Bucs are one of the most overrated mediocre teams in the league.

Redskins at Dolphins - Dolphins, 6-3
It's hard to pick a winner for this game, because both teams are absolutely dreadful. However the Dolphins have a better chance of moving the ball up and down the field.

Steelers at Bengals - Steelers, 23-20
This is surprisingly an extremely even matchup. But in the end, the Steelers are simply the more complete team.

Broncos at Chiefs - Broncos, 23-20.
The Broncos are coming off a pretty nice win, while the Chiefs are coming off a very pathetic loss.

Jaguars at Colts - Jaguars, 21-17.
Oh, great. Another matchup where the two teams have two combined wins. I guarantee I'll be watching the Falcons - Saints game rather than this.

Bills at Cowboys - Bills, 27-21
The Bills got shutdown by the Jets. An unnatural shutdown by the Bills, and an unnatural shutdown by the Jets. But the Cowboys aren't the Jets in any way.

Titans at Panthers - Panthers, 24-21
The Panthers have two weeks to prepare for the TITANS. If they lose, it'll be even more embarassing.

Saints at Falcons - Falcons, 31-21
I believe overall the Falcons are already the better team. But in addition, the Saints are absolutely horrible on the road. Expect a new division leader next week.

Lions at Bears - Lions, 24-21
This game should be a good matchup. This should fully determine if the Lions can compete with other playoff contenders.

Rams at Browns - Rams, 20-17
Another dandy matchup this week. I don't have anything to say really, except for the Rams deserve a win.

Cardinals at Eagles - Eagles, 31-17
The Eagles took another tough loss to the Bears. Only one loss for the Eagles this season has been by more than a touchdown.

Ravens at Seahawks - Ravens, 38-7
The Ravens had a brilliant win over the Steelers on Sunday, and if they can beat the Steelers, they should be able to murder the Seahawks.

Giants at 49ers - 49ers, 24-20
In my eyes this will be the first real test for the 49ers stellar defense. But they should be fine. The Giants are probably going to blow a big lead, too. Because why not?

Patriots at Jets - Patriots, 28-24.
Yeah yeah, the Patriots are quite overrated this year. But they're still good, and they still have the drive and ability to beat the Jets.

Vikings at Packers **Game of the Week** Packers vs Vikings
Here's how I'm breaking down the game: Two weeks later, the Vikings are a whole new team than when they last played the Packers, while the Packers have been consistantly good. If the Vikings (who lost to the Packers by the lowest margin of any team this year), nearly beat the Packers, then they have an almost perfect chance at beating them this week. However the Packers are the Packers.

Most important factors: Points Per Game, Points Allowed Per Game, Turnover Margin Per Game, Yards Per Game, and Net Points Per Game.

1). Turnover Margin Per Game: Packers; +11. Vikings; +8
1). Points Allowed Per Game: Packers; 22.38. Vikings; 27
2). QB Pressure (Sacks): Vikings; 24. Packers: 20
5). Yards Per Game: Vikings; 483.5. Packers: 416.4
5). Points Per Game: Packers; 34.38. Vikings; 24

So there I have it. The Packers outmatch the Vikings in 3-2 categories. In other words, it's fairly close despite what records say. Now up above, I ranked the categories in order of importance from least to greatest. The team gets the amount of points the number next to the category says. So if I add all the numbers up... it's 7 for each team... *sigh* So in other words, all I know is it's still in a tightlock. So. Here's the tiebreaker. We go to my complete gut! And my gut feeling is... The Vikings upset the Packers 38-34. The line is even, the stats are even, the picks are even. This is going to come down to raw, physical football between two good teams. And in that category, I believe the Vikings outmatch the Packers...

DON'T KILL ME FOR THAT!

Chargers

Texans

Redskins

Bengals

Broncos

Jaguars

Cowboys

Panthers

Saints

Lions

Rams

Eagles

Ravens

49ers

Patriots

Packers

The Cowboys are not the Jets in anyway? Oh thats right, they beat the crap out of them for 3.5 Q's in the meadowlands, before Romo;s meltdown. That game would not even have been close had it not been for a fumble, and blocked ount. The Cowboys outplayed them in every aspect of the game...

Just wanted to point that out...

First of all you are crazy if you really think the viking are going to beat the Packers.
For the most part i agree but there will be more than 9 points scored in the redskins-dolphins game. And i like the dolphin in this one, i'd say dolphins 17-13
Lions at bears i'd take the bears in this one. Chicago has a great defence and have been picking it up on offence. I say Bears 27-20
the only other upsets i see would be the rams could easily lose and the gaints could beat the 49rs will be good games along with pats jets
not bad though

Back