Newbie dad, any help/advices?

Diego

Jun 1, 2008
Im taking my son to a physical exam cuz school asked for it if he wants to get on the school team, and he was kind of nervous or scared, he told me "If im doin' it so should you" i told him it was ok. He's 14 and not my biological son, (I married his mom 4 years ago) but i care about him as if he was my own. So, im 28 years old by the way... Is it ok to my son sees me there naked while the doctor does his job? and if i go, what is he going to do to me? never had one of those exams before haha i just wanna show him he can trust me and more than a father im a friend (Cuz im not so older like many dads are) i didnt had a father or male model when i was a kid, so im trying my best as a father. Thanks for the answers

I wouldn't. I would be there to support him and help him face his fears, but I wouldn't expose myself in his presence.

No, that is not okay or acceptable. Yeah I think its supportive to book back to back appointments for your physicals but you should not be in the same room. Plus you have to book seperate appointments. The doctor won't see both of you in the same time slot.
Its not appropriate for you to get checked out in the same room.

Full physicals include typical heart, lung, BP check etc. Then there will be a genital exam looking for lumps and hernias.

-Connor

No ! Don't let your son sees u naked. This is unacceptable.
I have never seen my dad nor my best friend naked.
I repeat, I strongly recommend u DON'T.

Back