My torrent wont seed on uTorrent?

danyalali

Sep 17, 2011
When i use uTorrent the download is fine but then it says seeding and stays like that. Why is this and how can i fix it so i can acually use my download

Once it says seeding that means your download is completely done. It seeds so that the download can be somewhat faster to other downloaders of that specific torrent because you're not downloading it from the actual site, your downloading it from other users that have that torrent on their computer. So, the more seeders, the faster the download.

So when it is done downloading and it says seeding you can just click the "Close" button at the top right corner or click stop on uTorrent. Your download should be where you set the download place to be in the beginning of downloading the torrent. If you know what I mean. You need to have a .rar file opener to open your file though (Usually) so I think WinRAR is the best to go, just search on google.

Anyway that's what I have to say, hope this helped you.

Seeding is uploading. Your download is finished and now you are uploading only. Seed if you want, otherwise stop the torrent, it's done and you can use what you downloaded.

When you download a torrent you are also uploading as you go, that's how torrents work. you get your download from other people's computers, they get part of their download from you. If nobody seeded or uploaded as they downloaded you could never download the files in a torrent.

Your download is done once it says seeding. It says seeding because your uploading until you meet a certain share ratio.
Just right-click and click Open in Folder and you should be able to use it.

Back