my cd/dvd rom wont read anything?

TwistedMarine

Jul 14, 2009
i went to my hardware device manager and i got exclimation points on everything under my cd/dvd-rom drivers

i went to gateway.com and looked at my hardware to download what i thought i needed and i see nothing under hardware that says dvd/cd at all.. all i see is this.. what should i do.. should i dl any of these..

My BIOS Downloads
9539754.exe - BIOS flash Version 9D.05 05/23/2008
Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows XP 7/24/2008
2,749 KB

My Motherboard Downloads
D20293-003-001.exe - USB Hotfix Applet
Supports: Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit) 6/13/2008
151 K

D20259-001-001.exe - Chipset Driver
Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit) 6/3/2008
139 KB

Everything else are things that i know for a fact wouldnt help
My Modem Downloads
My Network Downloads
My Sound Downloads
My Touchpad Downloads
My Video Downloads
My Webcam Downloads
what should i do.. i cant use my cd that came with the computer becuase my computer wont read them
the drives that have exclimation points on the hardware devices are

HL-DT-ST-DCDRAM GSA- T20F ARA DEVICE

ELAH OPYRGLARKD SCSI CDROM DEVICE
THERE IS NO CD/DVD DRIVE IN MY COMPUTER.. THIS IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM
AND I CANNOT UPDATE MY DRIVER IF THERE IS NOTHIGN TO UPDATE FROM.. PLEASE FULLY READ MY QUESTIONS BEFORE POSTING

The device might need its' drivers to be updated. But first, you might wanna do some troubleshotting. Go to My Computer, right-click on the cd/dvd rom, and then click on Properties. Now go to the hardware tab, and here, click on "Troubleshoot". Just go through the rest of the process from here on.
If the troubleshooting did not work, you should try to update the drivers for that device. In the Device Manager, just double-click on the devices that do not function, and then open the Drivers tab and then click on the "Update Drivers" button. If there's an updated driver available, I would suggest downloading it.

Back