my car cd player ejects cd everytime i start the car?

Nero

Mar 23, 2008
3 years ago, i bought an '88 oldsmobile to get back and forth from college. the person i bought it from gave me a cd player but i had to wire it myself. i spent 3 hours on it. at first i had it where when i turn on the cd player, the headlights come on. i fixed that, but whenever i turn the car off, then back on, the cd player ejects the cd. everything else works fine on it, except the time. the time resets to 12:00 as well. it's an older kenwood. any ideas?

most old Cd players eject themselves, but if that's not what it used to do, then, well,
the problem will be that you dont have a constant power supply to it, thats why the time resets, there are two types of power, the switched(when you turn the key), and the constant, what you need to do is check all the 12v you have, by testing, turning off the key and find out which one is constant, connect the system to that one and you will be fine......

you got your power and remote mixed up, common mistake. the red wire is actually not the power, its the remote turn on(small power signal thats only on when your car is on). The yellow wire is your main power, 12V constant power, just switch them around.

Back