My blackberry has a known but non repairable fault with the OS only way to...

DCawdell

Nov 17, 2012
...fix is to lose my data - can i sue? So my blackberry won't let me access my phone telling me I am unable to log in to whats called blackberry id, even though im inputting the correct information. The only way to resolve is to reset the phone but I have personal stuff on there I dont want to lose but I cannot backup as I do not have access to the phone in its current state. Can I sue?
Yes and nothing works. The only other alternative is to do a factory reset. I have been scouring thousands of forum posts for the last week to find a solution and noone has one.

It is not a fault, it is part of the security of the blackberry.
backups are supposed to support you, if you need to reset the device.

Solutions:
1) Apart from removing the battery and letting it reset and start again (with data)

2) you could check, if you are using the correct key.
eg that you are using upper/lower case correctly or if the dual use numbers/letter keys are inputting the expected number or letter - it is easy to setup as numbers for example but often when entering later, they same keys may not be numbers any more. (catches many out).

No, you can't sue. Not only will the company have paperwork that you signed when you bought it to protect them from lawsuits... there is the simple argument that YOU are responsible for all backups to be made at times before this problem occurred.

Back