Moving to Melbourne - what are my options?

BlaineThommo

Apr 25, 2013
In June, I'm planning to basically turn my life in another direction by moving from The QLD/NSW border to Melbourne. I know absolutely no one down there nor do I have any connections. I'm a 21 year old male looking to escape the quiet and join the bustle in the city I've always loved.

I'll be moving down with no job and about 4-5K in savings - here's what I want to know about

How can I get a place to live before I fly down (looking in the CBD or Zone 1, around $200-300 p/w, furnished)

What's the best way I can approach getting a job quick smart (I intend to approach Centerlink to subsidize me with an employment agency. Preferring anything in an office or customer service based)

What are my options if I end up flat on my face? Though it wouldn't deter me from trying again, I'd hate to fly back up to Gold Coast airport.

I'm not too sure how to go searching for freight services that'll bring my belongings such as great distance at a decent price (Mostly clothing and maybe a clothes rack, the airline only allows 40Kg of checked luggage).

Back