Misdianosis of problem on car Citroen C4 2.0 VTS Coupe?

Blackburn

Jan 16, 2013
Hi guys,

i had only had the car a short while and i always used the fob to open the doors,

The week before Christmas somebody tried to steal or damage (this is what looks like has happened now) my car (Citroen C4 2.0 VTS Coupe)

from the looks of the door the full key barrel in the drivers side was missing (or so i thought at the time) along with the cap (Colour coded with the door handle) that goes over it, so there was a hole you could put your finger in to the door panel but not into the car,

i took it to my garage the day afterwards and explained what had happened and they didnt really look at it, (only for 2 mins) and then ordered a complete new key set which apparently consisted of new drivers door lock, Passenger door lock and new ignition,

when i got the car back (previously had 2 x fobs and 1 x normal key which is standard for VTS) they gave me 1 x fob and 1 x normal key, so i was down 1 x fob with that already,

and then i found the key lock in the drivers door does not work at all,

i`ve now found after doing some homework about the car that citroen C4s DO NOT have a lock in the drivers door and you can only unlock the car by either using the fob or passenger door,

This has left me £400 out of pocket when in reality i only had to spend £95 (still have to spend this to sort) getting just the cap to place over the whole where the barrel normally is,

Is there any chance that i can go back to the garage and get my money back, As this was misdiagnosed in the first place cause i would have thought the garage should have told me that the door doesn`t have a lock rather than me having to do the homework myself,

Please can i get some advice on this matter

Many thanks in advance

Neil

Back