Man arrested for burglarizing family home of deceased punter Sam Foltz (Updated)

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
e5a0cfa9d3d815e44e46335ae71a7d51
PISCATAWAY, NJ – NOVEMBER 14: Drew Brown #34 of the Nebraska Cornhuskers is congratulated by teammate Sam Foltz #27 after Brown kicked the extra point in the first half against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on November 14, 2015 at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images) ***Updated (Sept. 6)***
Scott Davis, a man from South Dakota, has been arrested in connection with the burglary of the family home of deceased Nebraska punter Sam Foltz.
Davis was originally arrested on suspicion of drunk driving. The officer searched the car and found the items belonging to Jordan Foltz, Sam’s brother, which included tools and a flatscreen TV. He was booked on suspicion of possession of stolen property.
The Foltz family positively identified the stolen items.
***Original post***
While the family of deceased Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was in Lincoln to honor Foltz during the Huskers’ season opener against Fresno State, burglars were ransacking their home and cars.
Foltz’s brother Jordan Foltz posted on Facebook that the family’s home and cars were broken into. He said a flat-screen TV was taken from the living room and tools were taken from his Jeep, which was parked outside.
“Tonight as we celebrated and mourned my brother for all he accomplished in his career, as a person, a Nebraskan and a Husker in Lincoln some (expletive) was back here in our hometown breaking into my house and my vehicles, probably seeing our family as a easy target as we were all in Lincoln,” Jordan said on Facebook.
Sam Foltz, Nebraska’s star punter, was killed in a car crash in late July while returning home from a kicking camp in Wisconsin. Former Michigan State punter Mike Sadler also was killed in the crash and LSU kicker Colby Delahoussaye was injured.
On Saturday, Nebraska lined up with 10 men during the first punt of the season. The Huskers were flagged for a delay of game penalty, but Fresno State declined it.

– – – – – – –
Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday

Back