Mall scavenger hunt lists?

live1

Sep 26, 2009
Hello Everyone!!

I'm looking forward to celebrating my daughter's 12th Birthday at our local mall with 5-10 of her close friends. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for the list. Please be age appropriate, and also, I was also wondering how many girls should be my max/limit

Thank you,

Olivia

Being a teenager, I remember going to a mall scavenger hunt party of one of my friends in middle school. It's a great idea. A lot of twelve-year-olds like to shop at stores such as abercrombie, aeropostale, pacsun, bath and body works...you can find many small things at each one to add to the list. Look online for specific items. Since you don't want it to be too crazy, I would suggest a max limit of about 12.

Make sure when you find the items you put them back where they belong.
Don't let anyone that is participating in the event see the list prior to the event.
Girls should not run in the mall or destroy displays, the stores will be upset and some will not let the next group participate in the store.
You are driving girls to their store so they usually are willing to offer you coupons or small prizes for the having the girls come to their store. Let them know after the scavengar hunt they are free to shop.
Divide your group into 3-4 girls in the group at a time try to make it even so the it is fair to everyone when trying on things and finding individual items.
Set a fee that will cover the patch, snacks, and other events afterwards. The photo processing will be paid by them and additional items such as food and nail salon. Though you may be able to contact the local nail salon and photo processor and ask for discount coupons for that event.

___The Hunt begins___

RULES:

1. Each team will need to complete as many items on the list in the allotted time. Provide them with a list and a mall map. [you can make several versions of each list as long as the list of items are the same]

2. You will start at ______ and you must meet us back at _______ at ______________.

3. The teams that are late will receive a time penalty.

4. You must take a photo of each item on the list.

5. Take turns with your partners being in the photos.

6. You have to get a person in the picture from your team at all times.

7. Hang items up or place them back where they were before you leave the store.

8. The team that found the most itemsand the shortest time wins, must be verified with a digital photo.

9. Please don't try to take all of your photos in one store, go to a variety of stores.

10. Do not run in the stores or in the mall. You can walk briskly.

11. You can not leave the mall. Check the items off as you find them.

Once you found all of the items on the list and purchased your community service item, you must check in with the coordinator at designated location with your ID card noting your group number and session time. [Note: purchasing a community service item or donating an item is up to you]

After you check in you will need to show your photos to the coordinator to make sure you got everything on the list.

Prizes will be issued to the top 2 groups of each session. Ask local merchandisers for coupons to give to all the girls participating. Also ask local merchandisers to donate items or offer a discounted product. Supplement the rest of the event with funds collected. Suggested prizes: free manicure, lotions, or mall gift cards.

____________After the hunt__________

Break for Lunch or dinner.

Let the attendees shop after the scavenger hunt. Employees will be happy to see them back in the stores purchasing items. An example of a list!
++++++++++++++

Scavenger Hunt List

_____You are Limited to something white here.

_____H and M wanted to purchase something with a design on it.

_____ Victoria has a Secret about purple

_____Express yourself with something glittery.

_____JC saved her Penny's to buy something pink.

_____Aero found something on sale here.

_____Your Bath and Body needed a little sweet pea.

_____Soar like an Eagle in something blue.

_____You Macy something green here.

_____Purchasing a cami or tank top would fill in the Gap of my wardrobe..

_____ I feel Forever 21 in this shirt.

Stand in front of the item not on it etc. [some can be in stores]

_____Vending Machine

_____Fake tree

_____ bench

_____Animal or something with an animal print

TRY on the following Items on: [take turns] You must go to at least two different stores.

_____Black high heel shoes

_____Shoes that you would buy (sandals, flats, buckle up shoes etc) [close up of shoes]

_____purse

_____belt

_____Get individual shots of each person in your group looking like a star [examples-boas, tiara, jewelry, purse etc.,never try on earrings) [have at least one thing on] Sunglasses Purse Something shiny

FIND THESE ITEMS AS A GROUP

______ Find a star

_____ Find a frog

____ Find a tiara

_____ Find a heart

_____ Find something that sparkles

______ Find something that is unique (swirls, cool patterns, etc)

BUY SOMETHING [optional]

Community service item at the local dollar store or target in the mall items. Each girl should be required to purchase on item on the list that you provide.

Nail polish

hair scrunchy

toiletries

Had this as my 12th birthday last year and it was SO much fun!!!! I had 8 girls with me and it was perfect! It was by far my favorite birthday party!

Back