Lincoln freed slaves. Why hasn't Hussein Obama gotten rid of KKK leaders

They are all his supporters and party members. Racism and the Democratic party go hand in hand.

Byrd regrets his involvement with the group long ago. The same can't be said for many GOP "former" members... that, is assuming they left the KKK, which is still strong in many rural, white areas of the south and great plains - places where the GOP is always voted in.

“ I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened. ”

— Robert C. Byrd, [3]

As far as I know, Strom Thurmond (the original "liberal" Southern Democrat) never renounced his support for segregation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond#1960s

Byrd regrets his involvement with the group long ago. The same can't be said for many GOP "former" members... that, is assuming they left the KKK, which is still strong in many rural, white areas of the south and great plains - places where the GOP is always voted in.

Senator Byrd has publicly rejected the Klan and regrets his involvement.

That Republicans can find nothing better to do that aggressively attack someone for something he rejects just shows a rather alarming lack of intellectual and political nous.

I'm going to tell you but please don't repeat it. The Democrats get pissed when you repeat this............ it's called a DOUBLE STANDARD!

I'm going to tell you but please don't repeat it. The Democrats get pissed when you repeat this............ it's called a DOUBLE STANDARD!

Back