Kids

This is what my 5 yr old wrote on my fathers day gift.

My Dad's name is Cwaig.

Dad is, I dont know, 13 years old I think.

My Dad is as tall as a bird - a budgie,
and as strong as a dog.

He is really good at hammering stuff or somebody else's,
but he is pretty bad at paintings - he scribbles,
cause he just mixes colours, cause he doesnt like
any other colours - just brown.

Dad and I love to play on our yellow slippery slide
with washing soap and water, but it has to be on
the grass, cause its not a slippery slide that goes up
and daddy can go all the way to the end, and one day
he did it with me on his back
- past Brodie!

My Dad makes me laugh when he juggles,
cause he drops em, he cant catch em.

I love you lots Daddy

Happy Fathers Day.

Call me soft but I got a tear in my eye

Lol, when it comes to my daughter Im a big marshmellow
Congratulations on your news as well mate.

Oh dear Lord, a mini Sarge!

Congradulations! Hopefully the child will look like the mother,

I have a cousin whose middle and last names are the same as Grandma's. Last year when I was visiting, she was three, we'd ask her name and she'd say "Caroline , L - I - B- B - Y". It was so cute.

I have brothers (round 2) who are 13 & 14 now. I was doing homework one time when the younger was scooting / crawling, and the older was running, and watched them play "hide and seek" with each other. The one year old would run around the corner, peek out. The ~5-month-old (??) would crawl after him, and then the 1-year-old would run back out, laughing.

Johnno - If your son is anything like you he must be a cool kid. Do you find that as your child grows that you are more distant or are you still close to him?

No, my nephew's name is not Damian I just think its genetic.

Its so sweet to see a different side of all you MAP parents.

Thank you - that's a lovely compliment. (Totally undeserved, of course!)

My son and I are pretty close. Maybe it's partly because he's always lived with his Mum and not me, but our relationship is more like a friendship in many ways. He knows who's the boss, so he doesn't push it. He's been through the awkward phases of childhood, and now we have a great relationship. But I fear the teenage years...

I agree! It makes some of these degenerates seem almost human.

Johnno - I better get out of this thread, I'm forming favourable impressions of some of you

i like this topic i like to see kids do well in sports i do not want them to end up this way fat like me from matt blake

Go easy on yourself Matt, I am not exactly a little guy but hey, you are what God made ya, be happy and do the best you can with it.

i will try to not be hard on myself
yes god maded me
i would like to let parents know they should watch out waht kids eat and how much they watch tv and do computers maybe they should take a walk as a family and see if the kids want to try a sport out let get the partents back on track and help the kids feel better about them self maybe not watching tv and playing computer and do stuff together like take a walk
or throw a fressbee or ball and maybe they might do a sport to better them self these day family's do not sit and have a healthy dinner together
so i was just thanking about it fat can lead to diabeties, or stroke or high blood presser and heart problems
I CHALLENG YOU ALL TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU DID SOME FITNEES TOGHER AS A FAMILY AND HAD TIME TOGETHER LIKE READING WALKING PLAYING A BOARD GAME OR DOING SPORTS TOGETHER
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND SEE HOW MANY FAMILYS ARE GETING TOGETHER AGIAIN BUT IT IS YOUR CHOSES TO REPLY LETTING US KNOW FROM MATT BLAKE

Hi matt, my son, daughter and wife all practice Tae Kwon Do with me and we also go walking together.
We also often go up to the local park and throw the frisbee, kick the football around and throw the Vortex to each other.

During the summer here in Arizona most outdoor activities are on hold; my daughter often comes with me to classes and I'll hang out and play with her on the mats after class. Most of the summer the prime exercise for my children is the swimming pool, which is usually every night and all day on weekends.

I took my daughter on a roadtrip this summer and at one of the hotels we stayed at she took a running dive into the deep end of the hotel pool (she's only 4 years old), the looks of horror on the faces of the guests sitting poolside were priceless, she surfaced and swam to the edge and did it again. She started learning to swim at about 18 months old and her now two-year old brother is following in her footsteps. Next summer he'll probably be about ready to start working without any floatation devices and actually swim totally unaided.

Right now it's really nice outside, time to start going to the park again.

Back