Kenmore Elite Dryer gets hot, tumbles yet clothes still wet. Cleaned out...

Christine

May 16, 2008
...vent to roof, etc, any suggestions? All answers indicate the exhaust is clogged, yet apt maintenance cleaned it out from inside as vent is on roof. I replaced the old flexible transition vent, yet still the dryer gets really hot, tumbles yet does not dry. I leveled it, too. Washer spins clothes out well. Concerned that something happened in the move? Also, apt plug was 3 prong (not to code), so had maintenance switch out plug I had to buy to match wall plug. If that was the problem, wouldn't the breaker just shut it off? With all expenses in relocating, hiring someone to fix this isn't in the budget, and I am in a very expensive apt complex, and feel they need to make this right! I suspect that the trap on top of the roof (I am on 3rd top floor) may have come off and there is a birds' nest in there...but apartment manager says no, but how would they really know? Meanwhile, the components of the computer may be getting damaged! Help!

First, is it a electric or gas dryer? Unable to tell with the cord prong description. You will be able to tell when there is or is no gas line going to it. Or a two pole breaker would mean it is electric.

Either way you can try a downloadable repair manual from the web if available, or you may need to buy one from Kenmore. I found many Kenmore repair manuals are free on the web.

This will tell what tools you need, a electrical meter, and pictures of the dryer and instructions.

More important it will give elctrical specifications to test what is bad, and why it is not working.

Back