Just started a new job at verizon retail and having doubts!! WHat to do?

vextc05

Jun 10, 2008
I previously worked for a US CELLULAR agent and was making $32-$35k a yr. I had full benefits and an awesome employee plan! Was like only $10 a month. I was with the company for 2 yrs, so with that i said I had a great repour with the company. I left on good terms and everything! Now i just started training yesterday at VERIZON and i am very reluctant about this job. For one, the jobs 40 miles away 1 way (at 1st I wasnt worried about it because the manager i interviewed with said i can transfer anytime). Then yest. i hear that i have to be with the company for 12-18 months b4 i can transfer and thats IF the manager approves it. Then i find out that my employee plan is only 1/2 off the reg consumer plans! So basically if verizon offers a plan for $50 a month for consumers i get it for $25. So thats $15 a month. Then, Im going to be paying $35 more for medical insurance! And last but not least i would have to pay $3.60 everyday for tolls. So thats $72 a month!
and on top of everything I would have to drive an hr and half away m-f for 4 weeks for training. Yes they reimburse you but the drives going to kill me!!! So basically when it comes down to all the extra expenses I do not seeing it being worth it!! And ive heard Verizon Retail Corporate is verrrry strict and they adhere their guidelines with no hesitation! Now i did talk to my manager since I just left SUNDAY and shes going to talk to district manager today to c if i can come back!
So what do you guys think? Should i just go back to my previous job? I loved the job and i was really happy there...
I guess the saying is right..."the grass isnt always greenier on the other side"

Back